Monday, July 8, 2013

First Blog Award!

Hey There!!

I was nominated for my very first Blog Award! It is the Liebster Award!

I was first nominated by Pauline at First Grade by the Sea, next I was nominated by Sarah at A Sunny Day in First Grade, and right before I finished this post Deirdre at A Burst of First nominated me as well! I am feeling the love ladies and could not be more grateful! 


The Liebster Award is given to recognize new blogs and a welcome into the blogging community. It is my pleasure to accept this award as well as Pay it Forward.

To accept this award I must:

1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them





Questions to Answer!


What's your favorite thing to do in your free time?
I love love love to read and spend time with my hubby, best friend, and her precious baby girl!

Do you have any pets?
2 dogs! Sharpie & Gibson (Yorkie & Yorkie Mix)

If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I love living in Pennsylvania, however if I could be closer to my family in Florida I would LOVE it!

What was the last book you read?
How to Teach Like A Pirate!

What is your favorite time of the year?
I love the fall for the weather and for the decorations! My name is Autumn.. does that make me bias?

If you could have one thing (anything!) for your classroom, what would it be?
A kidney bean table and a new carpet ohhh and a smart board! :) That is not one thing... but what girl can really pick ONE THING?! 

What is your favorite place to shop?
TPT & The Limited :)

Winter or summer?
SUMMER!!!!!! I am a Florida girl and these winters are tough!

What is your greatest accomplishment?
In college I was named the KDP/ATE National Student Teacher of the Year! It was a very proud and amazing moment that you never would expect for yourself! 


What is your favorite subject to teach?
This is hard because I love to teach everything! However I love just the simple moments where we are doing a read aloud. I love reading in silly voices and allowing the characters to come to life!

Why did you start blogging?
I loved reading blogs and helping others... so I thought maybe I could help other new teachers by sharing also! 

What is your favorite part about blogging?
I love interacting with the other bloggers, especially on Instagram ;)

What would you have done if you did not become a teacher?
I would be an event planner!!

What is something that is on your bucket list?
I want to stand under the Eiffel Tower! 

What is your dream vacation?
Warm sun.. Beach.. Cold Drinks.. Good Friends! 

Where did you go to school?
I went to The University of Central Florida & Penn State

What is your favorite children's book?
Winnie The Pooh

What is one goal that you have made for yourself this year?
To Improve my Guided Reading Instruction

What accomplishment are you most proud of in your life?
Reading the words of a child on my end of the year gift.. She wrote, "I love Miss Proctor because she always knows when I need her and always makes me feel better." She made me want to be the best teacher I can be!

Are you married? Do you have children?
I am getting married on SATURDAY!!!! 5 days! Whew! No babies yet. I love being Aunt Autie to my best friends baby girl! Hopefully in the future I will have my own bundle of joy! 

What's your favorite candy?
Starburst! (But really anything sweet will do)

Top three tv shows of all time?
Law & Order, Friends, Happy Days!

Mac or pc?
MAC ALL THE WAY!! 

Who's your favorite clip artist?
Print Candee & I have enjoyed creating my own ;)

Favorite non-alcoholic beverage?
Those of you who know me know that I am the Mountain Dew QUEEN!
Trying to cutback! 

Do you like going to the dentist? My dad is one- I have to!
Love the way my teeth feel after they are clean, but hate the pain of the process! 

Early bird or night owl?
UGH! A little of both... early bird I guess!

Most risky/dangerous thing you've ever done.
 Bahahaha I am so not a risky or dangerous person! I would say betting $20 in a slot machine!

Neat Nick or Messy Marvin?
Neat Nick and then some! I think I have a problem with things being perfect!
(ASK MY TEAM! THEY WILL TELL YOU)



11 Random Facts about me!

1. I love to eat green olives straight from the jar!
2. I love the Miami Dolphins
3. My favorite baseball player is my hubby
4. I am obsessed with Sarah Dessen's Teen Novels!
5. I am a Twilight groupie
6. I sing really loud in the car when no one is around
7. I am a Daddy's Girl though and through
8. My favorite colors are pink and purple (and aqua)
9. I secretly watch Toddlers & Tiaras! SHHH its my strange addiction
10. I have an addition to office supplies! (but what teacher doesn't?)
11. I am born on my mom's birthday! April 3rd!

Questions for my nominees
1. What is your favorite read aloud story?
2. Who is an influential person in your life and why?
3. Shoes, Purses, or Accessories?
4. Movie Star Crush?
5. What is your best management tool in your class?
6. When did you know you wanted to be a teacher?
7. Instagram or Flickr?
8. Coke or Pepsi?
9. What is your favorite pen to use?
10. Iphone or Android?
11. What is your favorite food?

Nominees are









6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the nomination. I too was nominated. It's kind of overwhelming. I too asked "coke or pepsi" as one of my questions to those I nominated & when I was a kid I loved the Miami Dolphins, not because I live in Florida but because they were dolphins. I had a Starter jacket & all. Congrats on being nominated multiple times. I'm glad you got nominated, your blog is fantastic, I love reading it.

    Stephanie
    PolkaDotPalace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie,

      Thank you for stopping by! You are too sweet! I must say.. Great Minds Think ALIKE! :) I am headed over to your blog now :)

      Smiles,

      Autumn

      Delete
  2. Thank you for nominating me!! Wow! I can't believe you are getting married this week and still blogging! You are great! Hope your big day is wonderful :) Enjoy every second of it! I often wish I could relive the day :) Cheers!

    Heart Mrs. Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than welcome!! I cannot believe it either! Feels like yesterday we just started dating! I guess it is true what they say, time flies when you are having fun!

      Thanks for the advice! I will try to do that!

      Smiles,

      Autumn

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! How awesome is that!?! I loved reading your responses! :)

    Lindsey
    Mrs. Johnson's Little Prowlers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Autumn! I nominated you for the Liebster award too! I didn't realize that you had already been nominated. I love your blog and if you would like to accept the award again here is the link to copy/paste. :)

    http://ifyougiveateacherablog.blogspot.com/2013/07/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete