Sunday, July 16, 2017

Innovation is Essential for ESL Students

I often think about how important it is for all of my students to have access to technology, skills that develop innovation and creative thinking, and real life problem solving skills. In the article I read this week it talked about using a program called Launch to have a specials class in the six day cycle. When I think about my L2 students I think about how real world problem solving, and more student centered learning would really enhance their language and their confidence as English speakers in the classroom.


The best part about a STEM class like this is that it ties in all of the other content areas. Now students have the ability to problem solve and question in a way that is meaningful. Despite if the classroom teacher is comfortable, every student it getting it every six days. There are some who say that doing it in isolation is not the way to go, but I think it is a great start. Plus, as classroom teachers our spaces and materials can be limited. What if this was an extra way to go above and beyond the curriculum to enrich the students’ experiences in the school. I am wondering if this will make its way to our school! It sounds really neat!


1 comments:

  1. STEM class is a good to enrich the students’ experiences and learning Vero Beach Tutoring you have done a nice job

    ReplyDelete